ONE CARD. TWELVE LIBRARIES. INFINITE POSSIBILITIES.
We invite you to visit any of the libraries at NEW ERA institutions to experience the distinctive collections and information sources easily accessed right here in northeast Wisconsin. This resource network is a gateway to innovative ideas, new ways of thinking and connecting with experts.
The NEW ERA Libraries group was formed in March 2002 to serve four important goals:
- Maintain and enhance library services in northeast Wisconsin to students, faculty, staff and community in a budgetary context where the need for cost sharing and cost cutting are important.
- Determine areas where current cooperative agreements should be better known to the constituents that the libraries serve.
- Determine areas where current cooperative agreements can be enhanced.
- Determine areas of need where new forms of collaboration are important.
NEW ERA LIBRARY COLLECTIONS
You will find these specialized collections at NEW ERA libraries:
- Government Information at UW Green Bay
- Government Documents at UW Oshkosh
- Archives and Special Collections at UW Green Bay
- Archives and Special Collections at UW Oshkosh
- University of Wisconsin Digital Collections — Connects to individual and collaborative digital collections from UW System libraries. Includes photos, online books, sound and music files, and more from libraries across the state.
WANT TO SEE IF A LIBRARY NEAR YOU OWNS A PARTICULAR ITEM?
Search in WorldCat.org — WorldCat searches library catalogs across the country, including the NEW ERA libraries, and will list the closest libraries that own what you’re looking for.
- Internet Search Tools, listing tools for searching the Web (maintained by Cofrin Library at UW Green Bay)
- Badgerlink, a Wisconsin-wide resource for finding journal and newspaper articles
- Thinkfinity, a website offering links to high-quality, standards-based K-12 education web sites
- SearchPath, a tutorial that gives an introduction to doing research both online and in the library
- Librarians’ Internet Index, a searchable collection of high-quality web sites.
- Wisconsin Tech Search is a fee-based service that offers document delivery to business and industry across Wisconsin, providing access to the technical and scientific collections of the UW Madison libraries.
LIBRARY PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND CONSORTIA
- Professional Organizations
Wisconsin Library Association (WLA)
Wisconsin Association of Academic Librarians (WAAL)
American Library Association (ALA)
Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
- Local Consortia
Fox Valley Library Council (FVLC)
Northeast Wisconsin Intertype Libraries (NEWIL)
Fox River Valley Area Library Consortium (FRVALC)
Wisconsin Library Services (WiLS)
NEW ERA LIBRARY CARD
One of the most important services NEW ERA Libraries offer is the “NEW ERA Library Card”, which allows the holder to check out library materials from any of the 12 participating NEW ERA partner colleges with one card. The library cards are available at no cost to community members, students, faculty, and staff of NEW ERA institutions. Contact the Director of Library Services at a NEW ERA college to sign up for your card.